Graphic Designer/Production Artist
January 2004 - presently Directions Outreach Ministries, Oklahoma City, OK
Conceptualized, designed, and created the organization’s logo, and make programs for its weekly services, as well as provide technical writing, and create the business cards, manuals, posters, and all of the publicity materials for its special events.
Art Teacher/Graphic Designer
January 2005 – presently Directions Anew, Inc. Summer and After School Youth Program, Oklahoma City, OK
- Technical Writing – Assisted in drafting the Statement of Purpose, which outlined the program’s codes of conduct.
- Assisted with business correspondence using Microsoft Word.
- Taught arts and crafts to disadvantaged youth.
- Graphic Designer/Publicity Team August 2005 – presently Daughters of Promise Women’s Conference, Oklahoma City, OK
- Design and create the letterhead, envelopes, and posters that advertise this annual three night event, which includes motivational speakers and entertainment as well as a formal banquet.
May 2003 Books Alive Nebraska Book Festival, Oklahoma City, OK
Designed and created the website for the annual statewide festival that promotes the writing of Nebraska authors, by using Adobe Creative Suite software. Adobe Photoshop was used to design, manipulate, and place the graphics and Adobe Dreamweaver was used to assemble the webpages.
August 2002 – Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts Bemis Windows Project, Omaha, NE
- Assisted, coordinated, and guided “Participainters”, school aged children, their parents, and individual members of the Omaha community, who sketched their ideas onto paper. Then I turned their ideas into a collage that we finished as a group. towards the completion of a 6’x8’ collage mural, which celebrated Omaha, Nebraska’s 150th anniversary in 2004 by depicting famous civic landmarks. The mural was hung in a window in the Bemis Center for the Arts.
- Achieved the goals of the Window Project by raising public awareness, involving the Omaha community, heightening the visibility of the Bemis Center and raising the funds needed to support the artistic programs at the Bemis Center.
August 1999 – December 2003 Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- BA in Graphic Design with a co-major in English (Creative Writing)
- Member, Sigma Tau Delta (International English Honors Society)